Hello from Doug and Chris
2018 drawing to a close!
This past summer we took 468 people to the Della Falls trailhead. The number is a bit down from last year and we think that the smokey conditions had some people rethinking their hiking plans. We had several groups cancel when the smoke was at its worst. Let's hope for less of a fire season in 2019!
We want to say a huge thanks to all of our guests this past year. Special thanks to those few who sent in some great photos of the falls and their hike. We love looking at and sharing all of the pictures we get.
We want to wish everyone a safe and happy winter season and we'll see you in 2019!
- Permits in place from BC Parks Service to land at the trailhead dock
- Full liability insurance coverage
- Boats are equipped with a full compliment of safety gear
- Our boat is a 20' Hourston hardtop powered by a Suzuki 225HP outboard motor. It can carry 7 passengers plus gear plus the skipper
- Our alternate boat is a 20' Allied Mustang powered by a Suzuki 115HP outboard motor. It can carry 5 passengers plus gear plus the skipper
- Bookings for groups of 2 people are $155.00 per person
- Bookings for groups of 3-7 people are $130.00 per person
- Children 12 years old and under are $85.00 each
- Seniors 65 years and older receive a 15% discount
- Dogs and other pets are $40.00 each
- Above prices include the 2 way return trip
- One way trips can be arranged and are priced depending on availability
- Prices do not include 5% GST tax
- Upon making a reservation a $50.00, plus GST, per person, non-refundable, booking fee is required to hold the booking. The booking fee is deducted from the total when full payment is made
- Full payment is due 3 days before the departure date
- Prices are based on a per booking basis. People paying separately or wishing to join an existing group are considered a separate booking
- Regular summer schedule will start May 1st and end September 30th
- Special arrngements can be made to do trips brfore May 1st and after Sept 30th
- Most days will have at least one morning trip and one afternoon trip but in the busiest months and especially long weekends we could be doing 4 trips a day. Call or email with your ideal dates and times and we will let you know what is available.
- We will do all we can to cater to your schedule and needs, so please contact us and let us know your plan. Extra gear? One way trip? Parents or others who are not planning to hike but would like to do the boat ride to see you off on your trip? Let us know and we will see if we can make it all work.
- The one way boat trip, on average, takes about 50-55 minutes depending on weather conditions
We have the boat moored at the marina in Great Central RV Park and Marina.
The address is 11000 Central Lake Road. Head west out of Port Alberni on Highway #4 and after about 12 km turn right onto Central Lake Road. Go another 8 km and pass through the buildings and tanks that belong to the fish hatchery. About 100 meters further you will come to a T intersection where the pavement ends and the entrance to the resort is straight ahead. There is no parking inside the resort so once you reach the T intersection and see the entrance sign, turn around and park against the chain link fence. It's just a 2 min walk from there to the boat in the marina.
If you do not intend to hike the trail but would love to get on the lake for a sightseeing tour this may be possible with time permitting or if there is seating available on one of our regular trips. Again, please contact us to inquire about this or to make these arrangements
Please use the link below to provide us with some intitial information that will help us book your trip.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell phone; 1-250-720-5363 (Doug)
- Cell phone, 1-250-290-0062 (Chris)
- Facebook (Della Falls Water Taxi)
Contact us for reservations or any other questions you may have and we will do the best we can to help make your trip be the best it can be.