Hello from Doug and Chris,
Our season has now ended as of Sept 7th and due to some other commitments that Chris and I have we won't be taking any more bookings for this fall.
We have not done a final tally on the number of hikers for this summer but it is well over 600. In early May when the Park was still closed we had our doubts that we would even be open this season and it turned out to be our busiest summer so far! You just can't predict what will happen sometimes.
We would like to thank all of the people who used our services this summer and especially those who took the time to share some photos with us. We love looking back at them as much as you do!
We'll always remenber the photos on the boat from 2020 as the summer of facemasks hiding all those great smiles!
We anticipate some changes in the water taxi for next season so check back a bit later for information on how to book your trip for next season.
In the meantime........
- Permits in place from BC Parks Service to land at the trailhead dock
- Full liability insurance coverage
- Boats are equipped with a full compliment of safety gear
- Our boat is a 20' Hourston hardtop powered by a Suzuki 225HP outboard motor. It can carry 7 passengers plus gear plus the skipper
- Our alternate boat is a 20' Allied Mustang powered by a Suzuki 115HP outboard motor. It can carry 5 passengers plus gear plus the skipper
- Groups of 2 people - $160.00 each
- Groups of 3-7 people - $135.00 each
- Kids 12 years old and under - $90.00 each
- Pets - $45.00 each
- Seniors 65 and older receive a 15% discount
- Add 5% GST to all above prices
- Prices are for the 2 way round trip
- Regular summer schedule will start May 15st and end September 8th
- Special arrngements can be made to do trips brfore May 15th and after Sept 8th
- Most days will have at least one morning trip and one afternoon trip but in the busiest months and especially long weekends we could be doing 4 trips a day. Call or email with your ideal dates and times and we will let you know what is available.
- We will do all we can to cater to your schedule and needs, so please contact us and let us know your plan. Extra gear? One way trip? Parents or others who are not planning to hike but would like to do the boat ride to see you off on your trip? Let us know and we will see if we can make it all work.
- The one way boat trip, on average, takes about 50-55 minutes depending on weather conditions
We have our boats moored at the marina in Great Central RV Park and Marina.
The address is 11000 Central Lake Road. Head west out of Port Alberni on Highway #4 and after about 12 km turn right onto Central Lake Road. Go another 8 km and pass through the buildings and tanks that belong to the fish hatchery. About 100 meters further you will come to a T intersection where the pavement ends and the entrance to the resort is straight ahead. There is no parking inside the resort so once you reach the T intersection and see the entrance sign, turn around and park against the chain link fence. It's just a 2 min walk from there to the boat in the marina.
If you do not intend to hike the trail but would love to get on the lake for a sightseeing tour this may be possible with time permitting or if there is seating available on one of our regular trips. Again, please contact us to inquire about this or to make these arrangements
Please use the link below to provide us with some intitial information. (This is not an actual booking) Then we will contact you shortly after with availability.
Please note there is no cell phone coverage on the lake or anywhere on the entire trail so if we are out there we can be hard to reach by phone. If we don't answer the phone please use the Booking Inquiry link above or the email address below as we check those every day when we get a chance.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell phone; 1-250-720-5363 (Doug)
- Cell phone, 1-250-290-0062 (Chris)
- Facebook (Della Falls Water Taxi)
Contact us for reservations or any other questions you may have and we will do the best we can to help make your trip be the best it can be.